Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Monday in Krakow.

On Monday we woke up really early and it was refreshing to be fully awake for once after not trying to go out and enjoy Eastern Europe at night. The Sunday night before I actually walked the city at night to take in the lights and walked through the park alone. The park is gorgeous and reminds me a lot of a smaller version of Central Park in New York. I just sat on a bench and took in the Krakow Summer night.

So the next morning we got up early and went deep through the country to go to Can Pack which is one of the biggest distributors of cans in all of Europe. We got to see the behind the scenes to how they make all types of cans from Beer/Soda cans to tuna cans with the top of the line machinery. I took a lot of notes on this company and will blog about it soon. We got to meet both CEOs of the Company and the Vice President who both toured and gave us a presentation. For lunch after the tour we went out to eat and I had Perogies for the first time! They were definitely delicious and worth having again.

After touring Can Pack we went to the famous Salt Mine in Poland where they actually have an underground church where John Paul II has actually performed mass and has been in existence since 1896. Poland has many large distributions of salt mines and this particular one went about 360 m deep under the earth. We walked down to the depths of the cave for 2 hours and only got to tour 1% of the cave. I took lots of pictures of the cave which I will post soon. We got back from the salt mines and went out to eat and regrouped before we went out for the night. We did have to keep in mind that it was a Monday night but that didn't keep us from going out and seeing new people. We went to an underground club in the basement like most clubs and I danced with many Polish women. I found one by the name of Casca whom I danced with for a solid 30 mins and we talked for longer than that. She unfortunately informed me that she had a boy friend and was not with him that night because he was working the next day. Regardless I enjoyed my time with her and took it for what it was. We would have never have found the club if it weren't for a man named Paul who led us there because he said it was the most happening place for the night. It was for sure a night with a lot of funny stories and experiences to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment