Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Beyond Class.

Beyond the experience of the class room I have been hanging out with a lot of my new friends before we go off on the trip. The experience of Europe for the first time has a large part to do with the group of friends that I will be traveling with. We have all met each other previously during orientations but for the past two days in my free time I have gone out to lunch with everyone and plan to go out with them at nights after I finish my reading and do my work. All the people on the trip are all extremely unique and different which is perfect because we all blend together really well.

Everyone seems to be easy going and everyone is always up to do whatever everyone else wants to do. I'm sure that everyone understands that we are all trying to get know each other really well before we go out on this trip because we understand that we should know each other before we go into the unknown world of Europe to experience it together. It's not so much as important what we do here but as long as we're all doing something together.

Yesterday we went out to eat at Your Pie down town and then at night we all met up and went down town. Strangely enough the bars that are the most popular during the Summer are Generals and Sandbar. Today we all went out to eat at A-OK's down town to enjoy the most delicious club sandwich in Athens that we all ordered. Tonight my room mate, Charles Ratcliff has a really good friend that is turning twenty one tonight so the group and I will probably meet up with him later tonight down town. Today is the first day of Maymester in Athens and so there will probably be a lot of people out tonight compared to last night.

I promise my blog will get more interesting as I finally start to travel and get out of the states. Right now I am a sitting duck waiting to get on that plane headed for my first stop. Hungary.

1 comment:

  1. cool Max =) have fun in ur European adventure and careful with the european girls uhasahusa beijos ;)

    ReplyDelete